Wilde Obsession: Sword and Scale

Wilde Obsession: Sword and Scale
First, a confession: I am a true crime junkie. I watch darn near every documentary that comes up on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Not too long ago, Serial (just season 1 - the military angle of season 2 lost me) and Welcome to Night Vale became my gateway drugs diving into podcasts, which I'd only listened to sporadically before.

I've now tried most of the true crime podcasts that I've been able to find. Thin Air is interesting. Someone Knows Something is really well done and breaks my heart. Casefile True Crime is well presented and the narrator is an Aussie and has the lovely accent to go with it. But none of the really hold a candle to Sword and Scale for me. I truly can't recommend it highly enough. The host and creator, Mike Boudet, puts together compelling stories that are most interesting because he lets interviews, court testimony, videos, and pieces of real evidence tell the stories. 

Before you rush off and download all the episodes, a quick warning: things get dark. No punches are pulled, and no information is held back. Some episodes (if not all of them) will disturb you.

Are you fascinated by true crime? What about podcasts? Documentaries? I'd love to hear some of your faves!



Comments