Wilde Feature: Vivien of Demonmilk

Storenvy Shop | Etsy Shop | Facebook | Pinterest


I have to start this feature with a shoutout because "fairytale goth" is one of the coolest style descriptions I've ever heard - and totally apt for Vivien's beautiful, dreamy pieces that would be at home in a goth club or paired with a blazer for work. Score!

Secret Letters Key Necklace - soooo speaks to my key obsession!


How long have you been selling online? What got you started? 
Since around 2010. I turned 18 that year but I'd been making clothing and jewelry since I was five or six years old. So when I finally got the legal go-ahead to sell the stuff I make online, it was one of the first things that I did.

This Poe Ribbon Necklace is awesome!


What's your favorite thing to draw/make/create? 
I really love making necklaces, since necklaces are my favorite jewelry item. I always have inspiration to make just one more necklace. So when it comes to my inventory, the item I have the most of is necklaces. It's also hard sometimes to make them since I want to keep some of them so badly even though my personal armoire of jewelry has over 70 necklaces in it!


And you'll need a ring to match your necklaces, of course. This one is on sale!


What inspires you in your work? What makes you want to create or keeps you going when you're struggling? 
 I just stare at all of my supplies and feel this terrible guilt that I am not working with them at the time. Usually thats what gets me. My bedroom is basically a craft supply warehouse so I am always surrounded by things used to make art and clothing and jewelry and whatever else you could imagine. If I get really stuck then I listen to some music, or read some myths and legends and fairytales. That's why I like to call my style fairytale goth.

This looks so ridiculously soft!


What item in your shop are you most excited about? Why? 
I made it awhile back and it hasn't sold yet, but I really love my cherubim hoodie. It's made out of really soft bamboo blend yarn and is just a really lovely hoodie. It's nice and slouchy and has big bell sleeves. It took me months and months and months to crochet it, but I'm so proud of the way it came out. There is love and hard work in every stitch.






Comments