Wilde Feature: Amanda of Nerdtastic

Shop | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest

This Golden Snitch necklace is kind of my favorite.

How long have you been selling online? What got you started?
2.5 years. I've always been a maker of things but after I moved to Chicago I decided I needed to do something for me since I didn't know anybody in this city aside from my husband and kids. Attending Wizard World Comic Con inspired me to open my own shop and make my art my job. I had always wanted to do that in some form so why wait?

Swanky Bad Wolf bracelet!

What's your favorite thing to draw/make/create?
Lately, wrap bracelets are my ultimate favorite to make since I wear them a lot myself. Lip balms have to be a close second since it's fun watching shows or movies and pulling out concepts to create little art labels for and blending scents to represent.

The best friendship/partner necklaces EVER.

What inspires you in your work? What makes you want to create or keeps you going when you're struggling?
As Shakespeare wrote, "All the world's a stage." There is always something out there that sparks imagination and I need to make something for it. I love striking a chord with customers and creating that 'somebody gets me' moment for another person.

Ultimately, though, there are times even that imagination isn't enough to make me want to create. We all go through it. When you're creating things by your own hand, you can get burnt out and tired. I just have to power through. It comes down to reminding myself that this is my business and my dream job. Creating a positive customer experience is my priority when it comes to Nerdtastic.

This Supernatural Lip Balm is SO CUTE!

What item in your shop are you most excited about? Why?
It's actually not up yet! I'm going to be making a new line of lip balm half and half blends. They are going to combine to aspects of something where one scent is at the beginning of the tube and one is at the end. The themes I know that will be included in the line are Flash and Green Arrow, Superhero Civil War, and Angels and Demons (Supernatural).

But if I have to pick something that is online already, I have the most fun with Supernatural lip balms.












Comments