#WildeFeature : Jennifer Galay of The Craft Penguin

Shop | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest



When did you open your shop, and what inspired you to start selling? 
I opened my shop at the end of June 2014. I have crocheted and made crafts ever since I was a kid. I have always enjoyed making things and giving them as gifts. One of my best friends, who works in marketing, kept telling me how great my crafts were and that I should sell them. After much encouragement from her, I decided to go ahead and do it.




What is your current favorite item in your shop? Why? 
I don't know if I could pick one specific item as my favorite, but I love my string arts the most! This is for a few reasons. 1. Each string art is unique and easily customizable. I love that no matter what the occasion or likes of an individual, I can make a string art that would suit them perfectly. 2. I love creating them! Again, I get much joy in designing them specifically for customers. But it is also a great way to relieve stress! 3. The final, but probably the biggest reason is that my string arts make me feel closer to my dad. My dad passed away when I was 14 years old, but he used to create string arts. His were much simpler, but wonderful just the same. Looking at the one he made hanging on my wall gave me the inspiration to create them myself.



What is your favorite quote?
I don't really have a favorite quote, but I use this one with my students all of the time: "If you think you can you will, if you think you can't you won't, either way you're right."

Want to be featured? Click here to find out more!

Comments