Cosplay Tutorial: Jessica from True Blood



This is another super easy cosplay that once you have a couple key items, you can throw together in literally no time. Those are my favorites in case you haven't picked up on that. I did this one for ConDFW since I wanted something cute but comfy and low key. If you want proof, check out my page at Wilde Cosplay, where I try to share everything I work on.



The standard black shorts came from the clearance rack of Old Navy, and they are paired with my Airwalks because I am too cheap to wear real Converse. The bottle of True Blood we've had at the house for enough years that it will never be something a human drinks because it would probably kill them. But it makes a great photo prop. The order pad came from a pretend kit that I've had since I was a kid. Yes, really. Yes, I still have it. It's not essential, just fun to have. I also threw on a red flannel shirt (you'll recognize it from my Amy Pond cosplay) for warmth in some of the cooler Con rooms.

The shirt and apron I got in person at Hot Topic years ago, but you can still find both on Amazon. I also blinged out my apron with some funny vampire buttons that I found on Walmart clearance after Halloween one year.





The hair is easy. You just twist a couple of small sections from the front toward the back and clip them with whatever is handy. Curl the bottom (I finally learned how to use a curling iron in less than an hour!), and you're pretty much set. Jessica doesn't wear a lot of heavy make up, which makes life a lot easier. Mascara, neutral lipstick, some brown eye shadow, and you're pretty good to go. I added a pair of small gold heart earrings as an extra touch.

Have you cosplayed anyone from the True Blood universe?

Comments