Manic Monday: Erin Dubrow of perles de verre

Erin Dubrow of perles de verre
Shop | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest

Tell us about yourself and your shop
I opened perles de verre, on June 5, 2011. I make lampwork beads and design all my own beads as well as jewelry. I am inspired by all jewelry and all glass. Since I was a small girl trying to handle vintage dishes at the flea market to an adult trying to handle jewelry she can't afford. My mom still tells me "don't touch that" and I still want to feel it and see it. I am always trying out new designs and improving my craft, my art is truly one of a kind. I don't remake or reproduce, I like to move on! After all if you are not learning, you are not growing. No matter how hard I try, the teacher in me always surfaces. 
What made you decide to open an online shop?
I was creating more jewelry then I could wear, or give as gifts! I kept saying that my work was not as good as other lampwork artists, but my mom and firends kept telling me it was...if you hear something enough. You belive it! So, I fianlly went for it saying I would give it a year. After the first year of hard work, I just kept at it. I was making a small profit doing something I loved, I could't see going back now. 
What is your current favorite item in your shop?
My charm bracelets. I love bracelets. I prefer to wear several everyday! 
What is your favorite quote?
I once heard a fashion designer say, "get dressed, put all your jewelry on, then take one piece off, that way you know you didn't over do it"
I live by this every single day. 
Get your own Manic Monday feature!

Comments