Manic Monday: Weddings By Susan

Susan Schrock of Weddings By Susan



Tell us about yourself and your shop
My dear friend Bethany opened up her Etsy shop in 2007 and I was so excited to support her handmade jewelry business. I've always loved making handmade cards so I decided to open up an Etsy store myself. What started off as a shop for handmade cards has now expanded into a site for custom signs, favor tags and favor bags. I primarily handle wedding projects but I am also pleased to create paper crafts for birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, bachelorette parties and christenings.


What made you decide to open an online shop?
As my son became a toddler, I found that I had personal time once again to be creative. When I first opened my Etsy shop in 2007, I started with sets of handmade cards and single greeting cards. But as my craft supply grew, so did my ambition! I began offering favor tags and favor bags, which quickly led to custom requests. Once I started printing custom tags there was no turning back!  


What is your current favorite item in your shop?
I am so honored to help bring a little bit of handmade to a bride's special day. My favorite items are my customized wedding signs, especially my In Loving Memory signs that pay tribute to a bride and groom's loved ones who have passed away. 


What is your favorite quote?
"Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our names." - Avett Brothers, "Murder in the City"

Comments