Quick & Easy Baby Art

While my husband was out of town, I naturally had the sudden urge to do messy things with our year old son. I'd been planning to do some art for the downstairs bathroom, and I figured Pike was just the baby to help me. I slapped acrylic paint on a canvas that I'd gotten on sale ten to a pack. I like the messy, rough look for the paint, so I left it that way instead of smoothing it. Then I slapped Pike's little tootsies down on the canvas. He absolutely hated it, especially when it had to be cleaned off shortly after. 
After a little dry time, I proceeded to the even easier part: finishing. I put double stick tape down the sides and across the bottom, measured and cut some ribbon, and stretched said ribbon all around the canvas. I tied it off into a bow at the top and tacked it to the wall with a thumb tack (yes, using a small nail would probably be more attractive). 
VOILA! Done! Barely any effort, barely any time, and I now have a lovely piece of art hanging on the wall in the bathroom. I'll caution the hanging method would likely not work with a larger canvas size, but for this 8"x10" and for anything smaller, it's wonderful. 
Pin It

Comments