Manic Monday: Wilma of Ozark Finds


Wilma of Ozark Finds

Shop | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest




My favorite item right now is my kewpie doll.  I just love the kewpies created by Rose O'Neill who lived and worked at Bonniebrook here in the Ozarks in the late 1800's.  Rose O'Neill said of her kewpies that they, "Do good deeds in a funny way. The world needs to laugh or at least smile more than it does."  I agree with that sentiment.  Next month is Kewpiesta in Branson, Mo.  In the late 1960's people from all over the world met here to buy, sell, trade kewpies and dedicate the week to Rose O'Neill which it continues to this day.      





What is most inspirational to me in my life as a picker / antiques / collectibles dealer are shows that I watch on t.v. ie., Antiques Roadshow; American Pickers; Pawn Stars; any show that has to do with antiques, collectibes, shabby decor that I can learn from.  I even watch all the re-runs and tuck the information in my head for a future "find".   I have actually found things as a result of watching these shows that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.  In my personal life which is intertwined with EVERY aspect of my life my biggest inspiration is my relationship with the Lord.  





Phil. 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.   



| Apply for your own Manic Monday Feature |




Pin It

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me today, April 23, 2012. Kewpiesta has just ended in Branson. My kewpie doll that was mentioned as my favorite has SOLD to one of the Kewpiesta-goers! :) That made me smile ~ just as Rose O'Neill would have liked! Thanks, again, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad the little one went to an excellent new home :D

      Delete

Post a Comment