Manic Monday: Maiden Jane

Maiden Jane
Shop | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Site


My T Shirt quilts are my favorite item.  I have made a ton of them - initially for high school graduates.  Since then I have made quite a few memory quilts.  I find that it is quite moving to be working with very tangible pieces of someone's life.  In one case it was tees from a 12 year old boy.  In another, a young husband.  Recently, tees from dads and husbands to be given as gifts to spouses and children.  I love the idea that the T Shirt quilt becomes a practical item and I envision the customer wrapping themselves up in the memory of a loved one.

People are most inspirational to me.  I love to read biographies and true-life stories - especially survival stories.  I'm intrigued by the determination of the human spirit, leadership skills and, overall, the extraordinary lives or ordinary people.  Some books/people that I have been inspired by:  Shackleton (Endurance), A Beautiful Mind, The Soloist, Shadow Divers, The Book of Mychal. Truman & John Adams (McCullough) to name a few.


Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. ~ C. S. Lewis



| Apply for your own feature |

Comments

  1. Great quilt!

    Stopping by from Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane is a really wonderful person and an impeccable seamstress. I really love her Memory quilts and her beach glass collecting bags, because like Jane, I LOVE beach glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I am so blessed to be friends with Jane! She is kind and creative and always encouraging! I'm also the lucky owner of some of her well-made creations!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment