Down & Confused

Well, after nearly five years of selling with Etsy, all of my shops have been closed. No, not by me. I was finally having some success, was really pleased with my progress. No, my shops were closed by Etsy. They didn't even bother to email me about the closing of two of them. One was shut down for copyright violation. The other two, neither of which featured any copyrighted material (one featured entirely original art, the other entirely vintage goods) were shut down without a word from Etsy or any explanation.

I will be finding another way and place to sell. I'm just not sure where. Several of my designs are available via DeviantArt and Cafepress in the meantime, so I hope you'll check those out and tune in here, on Twitter and on Facebook for updates. Thank you all for your support!

Comments

  1. Wow. That's really messed up!!

    I recently opened a shop on BigCartel and love it. The fee is a flat monthly rate depending on the number of items you want and there are no additional selling fees. I pay a flat rate of $30 for 300 listings now as opposed to the $75-$100 Etsy was costing me.

    Check it out~ super easy to set up and maintain.
    http://www.bigcartel.com/

    (here's my shop so you can see how the overall layout of the shops look...www.studiojuls.com)

    Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to check that out! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. w00t? 0.o what about artfire or dawanda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do really well with my genre shop on Artfire. They have a fantastic search engine. But they do have the same issues with copyright.

    Etsy has the right to shut down all of your shops if only one has a violation. I had my shop that some items of my DD's on shut down when she had violations,just because her links were on my shop. They do not cooperate. Sorry, but you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG how did they get you for copyright? I am curious as to what they considered infringement on your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, Nicole, I think that the part that frustrates me the most is that they shut down the additional shops. Like Cinders said, they have the right to do it, I guess. Just seems ridiculous... not to mention that the stuff they protested from the shop they DID shut down didn't actually use any copyrighted material. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment