Manic Monday: Amy Golden

Amy Golden
Etsy | Facebook

What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
My first Etsy venture was a now no longer functioning vintage shop. To be honest, I was a broke college student that no one who hire because of my ridiculous class schedule. But I also had a ton of vintage dresses I didn't feel were getting adequate wear or that I'd meant to alter for myself and then never got around to. Selling on Etsy turned out to be more invigorating than I'd expected. I've always been crafty, so I quickly fell in love with the idea of selling the things I created and having something to constantly create for.

What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop?
This is such a difficult question! My favorite part about what I create for Etsy is that everything is nice to look at, but also soft and cushion-y and comfy and snugly. By that logic I guess my favorite would have to be my chain link scarves, being that they're the snuggliest items I sell.

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
No matter what your endeavor, it pays to be nice and it pays to be organized. I still struggle with the latter, but both are vital to achieving any goal, especially when business is involved.

What is your favorite quote?
 “Almost all words do have color and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone’s eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her too.” -Gladys Taber

There are plenty more Manic Monday slots open starting next week, so please stop by this post and throw your hat in the ring if you could use a little extra (free!) exposure.

Comments

Post a Comment