Manic Monday: Creative Zone

Creative Zone
Etsy | Blog | Twitter

What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
Professionally I'm a graphic designer but everyone needs a creative outlet outside of work right?  I wanted to get back to basics and back to be artsy with my hands, paint, ink, glue - get down and dirty without the use of a computer.  As a result I started scrap booking, card making and that turned into being an instructor at a local scrapbook store. It became such a joy and I started amassing so many finished pieces that I decided to put them on etsy to share some paper lovin'.

What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop?
I would have to say the "belong" mini album. I just love the quote on the cover "Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future".  I also love that it can be anything the person wants it to be as it is blank inside . You could fill it with photos, notes, memories, stories....anything you want!

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
First off - promotion is key.  If no one knows you exist....how are you ever going to make a sale?  The other thing is quality/pricing.  I see a lot of paper sellers with really low prices!  I wonder, are you just giving your pieces away?  The old adage of "you get what you pay for" comes to mind and honestly, I think my piece is worth what I'm charging for it.

What is your favorite quote (funny, inspirational - anything!)?
My good friend Sue, always says "Crazy don't wear a Sign".

Comments

  1. Absolutely Promotion is the #1 best thing you can do!! Great post with valuable information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment