Manic Monday: modBelle

modBelle
Etsy | Blog

What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
I am a Ph.D. student as well as a crafter, so I was looking for something I could do part-time and enjoy. I have been a flea market junkie since my mother started taking me as a small child. I have also always been very impressed with my two grandmothers and their ability to sew anything imaginable. I decided to combine my love of vintage/one of a kind with sewing and modBelle was born. Every accessory or decoration is something I would wear or use to decorate my own home so I feel a real kinship with my products. I have been shopping on Etsy for a while and was impressed by the variety of handmade and vintage products people have to offer. My shop is very new, but I hope to find a place for myself in the online world.


What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop(s)?
My favorite piece right now is the U and I Sugar Sack Pillow. I like the idea of combining something vintage with something new. It is such a cute piece and I love that the name of the sugar company was U and I :)

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
The most important thing I’ve learned is it is a lot more difficult and time-consuming to get a successful shop going than you could ever imagine. It takes a great deal of persistence and networking to get people to visit your shop.


What is your favorite quote?
“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.” – Practical Magic

Comments