Manic Monday: The Mayflower

The Mayflower
Etsy | Etsy2 | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
Honestly, as a full time college student, I need to work to pay my off my tuition. A lot of my friends are waiters, clerks and cashiers, and they hate their jobs. I thought that I'd do something different, something that I love and enjoy and would put my best efforts in instead. I found out about Etsy on BurdaStyle and thought this was the perfect opportunity for me.

What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop(s)?
I'd definitely say the Field of Flowers Skirt: http://www.etsy.com/listing/56103851/a-field-of-flowers-skirt-ready-to-ship

I'm in love with flowers and I love how it flows. I'm going to create more pieces around that soon!

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
You need to have a target market. It seems like it's some pretty obvious advice, but that wasn't the case for me. When I first started, I promoted and advertised EVERYWHERE, hoping that it would get me a lot of sales. When it didn't, I couldn't understand why. I spent a lot on advertising, shouldn't I be getting the same amount back in sales? No, not really. After reading up on how to promote and advertise, I found out I was wasting my energy and money on sites that wouldn't drive traffic to my shop. Then, I began researching up on specific blogs and websites to target, and since then, I have been able to drive at least some traffic to my shop.

What is your favorite quote?
My favorite quote is what inspires my style: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  - Leonardo da Vinci

Comments

  1. I love those feather earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Field of Flowers skirt is gorgeous, my favorite color, very flattering.

    jenya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to get a pair of feathered earrings. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment