Manic Monday: Jenelle

Jenelle
Etsy | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Site

What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
I started by just tinkering around embellishing clothes for my 2 kids. There aren't a whole lot of options out there when it comes to shopping for boys clothing and I really wanted to reflect their own personalities with what they wear. I was encouraged by friends to open up a shop, I did... and the rest is history.

What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop?
Oh, this is always hard for me. The monster truck design holds a special place in my heart, it was the first design I made for the boys and has been one of my best sellers. I also love any of the Mama Skirts- once I pull them off the machine it is really hard for me to sell them... I secretly give them a mental expiration date and if they don't sell I get to keep them!!

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
I am sure others have said this before, but treat people the way you would want to be treated. Be honest, all the time. Be yourself. When it comes to selling and promoting online, if you take it seriously is more than a full time job. It can be extremely overwhelming, but there are so many valuable resources out there. If your hungry and you want to be successful: I highly recommend Handmadeology.com and linking up to google analytics for starters

What is your favorite quote?
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. - Indian Proverb

Comments