Manic Monday: Jodi

Jodi
Etsy | Etsy2 | Blog | Twitter | Facebook


What got you started with selling online? What inspired you to put yourself out there?
I was searching for easy ways to bring in extra income and a few friends suggested I check out Etsy. I'm a very crafty person, always have been, so creating goods to sell online came fairly easily to me. As for putting myself out there, I've been doing that for years already. I am a graphic designer, I've learned over the years that not everyone is going to like my style or my designs, as long as there are enough who appreciate what I do, then I'm happy.

What is your absolute favorite piece in your shop(s)?
I'd have to say the Octagon Dragonfly Pendant seen here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49830259/octagon-letter-pendant-brass-dragonfly It totally represents my shop, it's eclectic, upcycled and unique! I've recently discovered the world of Swarovski crystals, so I've been having some fun with those too. I'd say they run a very close second.

What's the most important thing that you've learned through your experience selling and promoting yourself online?
 Have confidence in what you do. Not everyone will like your work, but many will. Trust your gut, go with your passion and always, always be honest. The other thing I learned is try not to compare yourself with others. I occasionally check out others shops that opened around the same time I opened my shop. Today for example, I found a jewelry shop, that opened within a week of my shop. I promote on twitter, facebook, word of mouth, whenever I can, was feeling pretty good about it too, until I came across this shop and saw that she had over 1400 sales compared to my under 200! I was feeling like "what am I doing wrong, or what is she doing right"  I could choose to give up and feel like a failure, but I am starting to have regular customers and people that actually love what I do, so I guess I'll keep plugging away, and one day I'll be the shop everyone is wondering about!

What is your favorite quote (funny, inspirational - anything!)?
"I'm still formulating my wisecracks. Give me a minute" —Hank (Californication)

Comments

  1. Thank you so so much for featuring me! Much Love, Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you placed a link to all the places you can find me at the top of your blog. I didn't even know you could do that. Awesome, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment