The Best Way?

My boyfriend's grandma has come to live with us for a bit while we find her a new place, and in the process, we're going through all her stuff. She's choosing what she wants and what's stuff she's just accumulated. Some of it's not worth much, but some of it is super cool. We can't keep all of it ourselves, however, so I'm planning on selling it.

Since a lot of it is vintage jewelry and other items in that vein, I'm thinking Etsy. My dilemma is whether to put it all up in my existing shop here, which I worry would make the shop seem overcrowded and confusing, or to open a new one. I'd love some other thoughts, especially from those of you who might've done similar things (ie opening different shops for different types of items).

Comments

  1. I opened a separate shop for patterns and supplies. It seemed, like you said, a bit confusing to have handmade & supplies in the same shop (I had A LOT of patterns & books). I'm glad I did open a separate shop. Some sellers say it's too confusing, but I find it's less so. Plus, I can keep track of how my handmade items are doing easier than when I had it all combined into one shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it's a lot of items, i would suggest opening up a 2nd shop just so it's easier to separate the handmade from the vintage! :) hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone and think you should also open a 2nd shop. This way, you can separate the vintage from you own personal handmade designs and maintain the integrity of your brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've listed some vintage and destash supplies in my shop from time to time, and it's been fine so far (and sold really well). If it's a lot of stuff, you might want a separate shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! I'm working on getting a second shop set up since it looks like that'll definitely be the easiest way to handle it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment