Miss Black Essence

*Note: I'm reposting a couple old entries from my other blog, so forgive me if this is a repeat for you!

This one was fun to work on. I haven't gotten approval yet, but I'm hopeful. The sorority isn't scared of color and general fun and funkiness, so that means I got to get a little crazy with it. They specifically requested black and hot pink, so we were on a good wavelength right from the beginning. The tiara was done with a stock photo and LiveTrace in Illustrator, the flourishes and banners came from free vector stock from Vecteezy. The serif font is Minion, and the free script font is, I believe, Marchelle.





UPDATE: Good news! The ladies like it, and it looks like they'll be using the design with only a couple small text changes. :: does a happy dance ::

Comments